Benefits of Becoming a Council Member
Formed by Firefighter’s ABCs, the Firefighter Diversity Recruitment Council is a forum of fire organizations and their HR Recruitment Teams. The Council’s mission is to achieve levels of diversity that more closely reflect the racial and gender make-up of served communities. Through this collaboration, our ultimate objective is to maintain a full pipeline of diverse candidates while lowering the cost of their recruitment by:
- Sharing “Best Practices” in the recruitment of diverse candidates.
- Programs that more effectively target quality candidates.
- Preparation tools that increase testing success rates.
- Extending the pool of diverse candidates through the National Recruit Database.
Council membership is open to all public fire agencies. Note: All Council members are required to have a website.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Planning considerations to assist in the development of long-term diversity recruitment strategies.
- “How To” tips to increase the effectiveness of near-term recruiting events.
- Articles by diversity recruitment experts and Council members.
- The ability to broadcast application, testing and other recruitment related announcements to candidates subscribing to the National Recruit Database.*
- Postings of entry level testing and other job openings among fellow Council members.*
- In addition to the valuable benefits outlined above, your membership fee of only $125 per year.
Join Now & Begin Collaborating with Founding Council Members from Areas such as:
“IMPORTANT” Click your Membership Insignia to learn how to maximize your Council Membership Benefits.